A day in my grandma's house!
That was a Friday. It was my younger aunt's birthday. Her name is Mim. She is my grandma's 4rth daughter. They lived in the Hirajheel, Narayanganj. She invited me and my two sisters to her birthday party the night before. We were very interested to join the party. The next day we woke up after the sun rose. We had breakfast with eggs, homemade flatbread and tea also. We were supposed to go to grandma's house in the afternoon. So we got ready to go as soon as it was afternoon. My 4 other aunties joined us and one of them was younger than me named Muskan. So, after all the preparations done we were ready to go. I didn't forget to get the gift. I bought a hair clip for my aunty for 150 BDT and others got something else which I didn't notice. After buying the gift we headed to my grandma's house and finally we reached the destination. My aunty who had the birthday offered us a warm welcoming and immediately I gave her a chocolate. We joined the party together. I saw there were her students also as she was a tutor. They brought gifts for her too. Then all of guests started gossiping but fun fact is that I was only a boy there. So, I played a role of a helpless silent spectator there. Therefore, many time was gone due to there gossiping. Then we got ready for the essential part. Cutting the cake! Cake in the picture below!
The cake was chocolate flavored which is at the top of my lists of favorites. We ate the cake. It was delicious. Then my grandma brought chicken pilaf and meat. We also ate these. It was a nice stay at my grandma's house. After finishing the meal and some greetings we headed to our home again.
Honorable viewers, it was a part of my personal experiences. I hope it will help you learn about culture of my country.

Comments
Post a Comment